Avoid That Your Crypto Exchange Accounts Are Getting Hacked By Simply Using A SafeKey.
Crypto account takeovers and hacks are massively rising. They affect DeFi projects, influencers and high profile accounts but just because you don’t have 100,000 followers doesn’t mean your crypto isn’t at risk.
How will this impact your life if it ever happens to you?
Thanks to SafeKey, you can now stop worrying about this.Get your SafeKey Introduction to SafeKey
Having A Strong Password Is Not Enough Anymore.
Most user-generated passwords are too weak for security purposes. People are forced to memorize a bunch of frequently changing passwords.
To make things easier, most people use the same -weak- password for everything or they write it down on sticky notes.
Thieves and hackers can take advantage of this to steal your user accounts and data. Did you know that hacked user accounts are a main cause of major data breaches? Simple authentication methods that require only username and password combinations are inherently vulnerable.
Hackers can gain access to your account using a variety of techniques:
- Brute force methods – using software to generate random username/password combinations or exploit common weak passwords like 123456
- Credential stuffing – using stolen or leaked credentials from one account to gain access to other accounts (people often use the same username/password combination for many accounts)
- Phishing – using fake emails or text messages to trick a victim into replying with their credentials
- Keylogging – installing malware on a computer to capture username/password keystrokes
- Man-in-the-middle attacks – intercepting communications streams (over public WiFi, for example) and replaying credentials
SafeKey fixes this.Get your SafeKey Introduction to SafeKey
Two-Factor Authentication Done Right.
Passwords and SMS or app based two-factor authentication codes are highly vulnerable to phishing and porting scams. They also offer a poor user experience involving multiple -too many- steps.
As a user you’re plagued with password resets, account lockouts, waiting for SMS codes and more. That process is slow and frustrating.
SafeKey goes one step further than traditional authentication. Not only do you need your classic login credentials. In addition it is also necessary to have a physical means of authentication, the SafeKey.
It is therefore not possible that someone who happened to get your password can also log in to your account, because logging in also requires your SafeKey.
SafeKey makes user authentication safer by adding an extra hardware layer to your authentication process.
Did you know it’s even possible to use your SafeKey for passwordless logins?Get your SafeKey Introduction to SafeKey
Better Security Thanks To Built-in Phishing Protection.
Phishing is the art of tricking people into revealing personal information. Usernames and passwords are often targeted for these types of attacks.
68% of the phishing emails blocked by Google today are new variations that were never seen before, indicating the fast pace of evolution of these threats.
User credentials are bound to the origin, so only the real site can authenticate with the key.Get your SafeKey Introduction to SafeKey
How To Secure Your Exchange Accounts With A SafeKey.
When logging in to an exchange, the user generally authenticates himself by providing a username and a password, often supplemented with a time-based generated 2FA code. With SafeKey, the user will have to additionally confirm the login with a click on the connected SafeKey device.
Register your SafeKey
To use the SafeKey, go to the settings of your exchange account and select two-factor authentication to connect a security key.
Insert SafeKey & tap
On a computer, insert the SafeKey into a USB-port and touch the SafeKey to verify you are human and not a remote hacker.
Built-in Phishing Protection
SafeKey offers high security and checks whether the domain used actually belongs to the service you’re trying to login to, so no more logging in to fake websites.Get your SafeKey Introduction to SafeKey
Get Your Exchange Accounts Protected In Minutes.
Get your crypto exchange accounts protected in minutes without downloading any additional software. You only have to configure your SafeKey once and future login confirmations are done by a simple push on a button.
The SafeKey provides reliable hardware security that does not require a battery or network connectivity, so it is always on and accessible. It offers strong security that has been proven to eliminate account takeovers with one touch, and is 4 times faster than typing in a one time password (OTP).
Even if a user is tricked into giving up their personal information the SafeKey can’t be fooled. SafeKey protects your online accounts against phishing attacks by ensuring that only the real site can authenticate with a key.
It is our goal to deliver a highly secure solution that verifies user identity, but with a fast and easy user experience. Thanks to this, many people have successfully eliminated account takeovers with SafeKeys, with a simple touch or tap.Get your SafeKey Introduction to SafeKey
Benefits Of Protecting Your Exchange Accounts With A SafeKey
- Simplicity: no more reaching for your phone to open an app, or memorizing and typing in a code – simply touch the SafeKey to verify and you’re in.
- Usability: the effort of having to create and securely store a separate, long and complex password for each user account is eliminated.
- Privacy: no confidential information will ever be shared and no personal information is associated with the secret.
- Anonymity: thanks to public key cryptography, no shared secret (private key) is sent over the internet at any time.
- Security: More secure than other two-factor authentication methods (e.g. SMS or TOTP).
- Plug & play: Supporting all common web browsers, no additional client software or driver installation is required.
- Integrated phishing protection: high security against phishing attacks through integrated domain check.
Get Started With A SafeKey!
You should select your SafeKey based on the services (i.e. websites and apps) and devices you want to use the SafeKey with. Please see the resources below to help you decide on which SafeKey will be your best fit.